Helpful Notions To Safer Traffic Merging On Busy Roads
Posted On : 12 April, 2018 | Posted By : Kang Driving School
Merging from one lane to another on busy roads is an unnerving task. Other drivers will never create space for your vehicle on the busy roads so that you can change the lane conveniently. You will have to effort for it. A little laziness or careless approach can result in a road accident. Therefore, this is important to drive with precautions when you are passing other vehicles on the roads. It would be better to remain defensive.
In this blog, we have brought you some tips for you to help you ensure safer traffic merging. They are as following.
1. You should adjust the speed of your vehicle before you enter the road. The speed of your vehicle should match the traffic flow.
2. Maintain enough distance from the vehicle in front of your vehicle to avoid collusion. It would be better if the distance is 30-40 ft. The same thing you need to see in the lane you want to merge your vehicle in.
3. Look at the other vehicles around yours before you enter a lane. Don’t forget to check the blind spot. It would be better to turn your head to see if the way is clear.
4. Don’t stop, slow down, or speed up your vehicle unless it seems necessary.
5. Turn on the signals to make your intention clear to the driver behind so that they can prepare avoid collusion on the road. If the driver speeds up, then that driver is not looking your signal. Then don’t move ahead to merge. Don’t panic in such situations because panic will create more trouble than any benefit.
6. Don’t merge until you see solid lines on the road because these lines indicate that you should not merge the lane. Once these lines end and you see a dashed line then you are allowed to merge.
7. Don’t try to cross several lanes at the same time. Instead cross one lane at one time.
8. Turn of the indicator once you merge the lane.
Considering these tips will do a great help to you in merging the heavy traffic rightly. If you don’t want to face difficult situations on the road then it would be better to enroll for professional driving classes if you have not attended them yet.
We are an experienced driving school in Surrey offering you with excellent driving lessons.
- Five Most Common Driving Test Mistakes
- 5 Notorious Highways in British Columbia
- Five Driving Mistakes You Must Avoid
- 7 Ideas To Avoid Bad Driving Experiences
- 5 Bizzare Driving Laws In the World!
- The Truth of Four Common Drunk Driving Myths
- Tips to Pass the Driving Test
- Helpful Notions To Safer Traffic Merging On Busy Roads
- How to Cope With Road Rage
- Five Defensive Driving Techniques to Remain Safe on the Road